Monday, July 27, 2009

True Love Stories Never Have Endings

We had our family reunion last week and it was way fun. It was all here in Utah so that everyone could stay with family and spend their money on fun things. My Dad and Melody were in charge of it this year and they tried really hard to make it about my Grandma Merle and Grandpa Ray Bryner.

My grandpa died before I was born so I never actually got the chance to meet him, so I really liked the "Rays Reads" that were created and all the stories that were told about him. It was very sweet. I learned a lot about my grandparents marriage, something I had never thought to ask her about before. Melody asked her "Why did you never remarry? Was your marriage really that bad?" and my grandma answered "No. It was THAT GOOD."

I learned that my grandpa was a perfectionist and a great cook. That a swear word was never heard from him, and that he was totally in his element when doing temple work. My grandma even swears to seeing a halo above his head :) This is the kind of example of love that i want to leave for my children and grandchildren.





These are some of my favorite pictures of them together.....

This is probably my favorite picture. This is on their mission in London. Just look at the love on Grandma's face.









2nd year of marriage







Always the epitome of class


I will post photos of our reunion as soon as I can....

No comments: