Monday, January 25, 2010

Canada..... You were right!!


I must first admit that everything I know about hockey, I learned from The Mighty Ducks. However, everything I thought I knew was blown away by actually going to a professional game. It was awesome! I haven't been so enthralled in a sports event since in my own soccer games as a teen.
Not only do you need to pay attention because of the very solid puck flying around, but if you're really attentive you might be lucky enough to see a fight unfold (hopefully the ref's are far enough away that they'll get in a couple good hits before it gets broken up) Don't worry, they wear so much padding that not much more than feelings get hurt.

This game is so fast paced, it's easy to keep your eyes glued and interested in it. Unlike football that has only statistically 12 MINUTES of action (yep that's right, know your facts!) Hockey keeps you hooked til the very end.

And look at these little pint-sized players! They were so cute following the puck around on the ice and when one wobbly one would bump into another it was an inevitable domino effect of adorableness. My kids can definitely play hockey!

So Canada, I tip my hat to you for holding this sport in such high esteem. You were right to!!

No comments: