Sunday, June 5, 2011

Alabama trip part 4- Carrie's wedding!



It's been so busy for me that I haven't even thought about blogging about Carrie's wedding til this morning. But here's the short version:
We were able to be quite the team between the Driggers and Smithson's and create a beautiful wedding and reception for Carrie and Lee. I was so honored to be a part of it. I'm very thankful to have married into such a close family.
It was an amazing day for them. I have to say that Lee is a brave man to step up and become a step-father to two little boys. He's so patient and loving with them.
Carrie and Lee were sealed in the Birmingham AL temple, they were also sealed to Carrie's two boys Ethan and Malachi. It was such a special experience to witness this. When those boys came in wearing all white and silent (for the first time ever, I think) I lost it. I wish I could've bottled the spirit of that room, so that I could open it on hard days and feel better.
That night I was exhausted and all 3 of us slept a good 14 hours the following day.

BIG NEWS: Believe it or not.... Carrie and Lee weren't "not trying" to get pregnant.... and 2 weeks to the day of their wedding.... she got a positive pregnancy test!!! They've been married for almost a month now and looks like they will have an addition in 8 more.
.......And just got a puppy.... ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY??!!??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy Crazyness! But sounds like he is a great fit for her!!