Thursday, June 9, 2011

Um.... yay?

My sister doesn't read my blog, but even if she did I don't think she'd mind this post.... very much.
Last week Kari was married to Jonathan Proulx and I would love nothing more than to be excited for them. But i'm not. I'm worried.
It was an exhausting week: Jamming in getting brides maids dresses, cooking for the reception, the bridal shower, making corsages and the bouquet, and many many more things.
Kari and Jonathan met just 2 short months ago. Two months!!!
You really think you can get to know someone well enough in two months (they were actually engaged after one month) to say you will be with them forever?? Well I guess you know where I stand with all this. It has been stressing me out.
It's not that I don't like Jonathan, It's just that I don't know him and neither does Kari. I have learned to rely on my instincts and my gut was telling me to worry.
Oh well.
They got married anyways, and i'm hoping for the best. My sister is kind of awesome and I have a hard time imagining anyone living up to my expectations for her. Maybe that's my problem?
Kari and I are really close and have always had a great relationship. Everyone knows how close we are so instead of voicing their concerns to her they were coming to me, pulling me aside or calling me to talk to me about how they feel this wedding is a mistake. THEN they would tell me that it doesn't matter how we feel, that it's her choice and we need to be SUPPORTIVE!!
Contradiction??? I think so!!

Anywho... I think it's pretty obvious that I've had a really hard time hiding my disapproval. But I really did want it to be a good experience for Kari. So at her shower I did my best to put on a happy face, mingle with all her friends from school, and take pictures.
At one point, when the party was winding down, I leaned in and whispered "When do I get my Oscar?" to Melody (my step-mom). My aunt Anne overheard and gave me a little grin.
Later at my house this little guy showed up!

It had my name on it with the caption "Best Actress". It made me laugh for real for the first time that week.
Thanks Anne!

I'll post more about Kari's wedding later, when I have all the pictures.

6 comments:

Schoenstars said...

Oh Gina. This is such a frustrating situation. I hope everything works out for the best.

Clem&Anne said...

Just so you know, I would have said yes to Clem on the first date - in fact I told my dad that that was the guy I'm going to marry. It's been 38 years now - think we can make it? - Anne

Roylance Fam said...

Everything will work out:) Even tho Jeff and I had our crazy ups and downs, I remember calling my best friend Aaron a week after I had met Jeff, and telling him that I had met the boy I was gonna marry! He laughed at me, and just said, uh huh!! Sometimes you just know;) Just be as supportive as you can for HER even if its not for THEM;) Call us...we need to hang out... we miss you SOOOOO!!!

Gina Driggers said...

Thanks guys! I'm just worried about her is all... She probably knows the relationship better than me anyways :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting situation to be in....and for the record I still thought the wedding was like a month away!
So now that you are done with two weddings we should plan some festivities!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting situation to be in....and for the record I still thought the wedding was like a month away!
So now that you are done with two weddings we should plan some festivities!