Monday, August 8, 2011

The 16 Month Itch


I've heard of this phenomenon before, but never thought i'd be so stereotypicaly mormon and want another baby so fast. But i've got the 16 month itch!

Every month that passes, I think of how old Kenley will be if I got pregnant right away. And then slightly panic for 3 reasons:

1. I want my children to have siblings close in years
2. I want to be done making babies by the time i'm 30
3. I remember how hard and painful pregnancy was and panic at the thought of doing it again!

My sister and I are 5 years apart and we're really close. But it's been difficult to always be in such different stages in life. And I want Kenley to have a sister!

I can't wait to be able to invite another baby into our family, but sometimes that horrible nagging part of my mind pops up and makes me wonder if I would be able to give as much love and attention to another baby as I have been able to with Kenley.
Family is so important to me and becoming a mom has helped me to look at life differently. My older brother and I have never been close, or even agreed on fundamental things. But Kenley is my first baby, she's the one that made me a mother, and she will always hold a special place for giving me that gift. And now, with that knowledge i've gained, I see my older brother through the eyes of my mom. It's helped me to gain understanding and make peace with my dysfunctional family relationships.

And if "what goes around, comes around" is the case with my daughters then bring it on! Because I still maintain that I was a treasure of a daughter, Mom ;)

1 comment:

Shelli and David said...

Yes, you were. And still are! Each child brings their own unique personality that as a mom is so fun to see blossom. Love you bunches!