Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One tiny thing

If you've never seen this picture before (like me until a few days ago) This is a REAL photo of a 10 week old fetus. Its been used by anti abortionists in their ads and they also created tiny feet pins that have become a highly recognizable symbol. It's really sad to me to think a woman contemplating abortion might not know that the tiny inch & 1/2 "fetus" they are wanting to get rid of is in fact a tiny person with fingers and toes, hair and fingernails.
I've become obsessed with following the progress of my own pregnancy and have recently gone to searching for real photos to get a better idea of the actual size. I've come across many of the jarred tiny ones that you might see at "Body Worlds" but this photo really struck me. There are tiny toes and details already in this tiny body that stun me. Although i cant feel or see anything yet, my little bean is starting to look like the cute little baby i cant wait to meet. I had the opportunity to get another ultrasound last week and i was able to see my tiny baby wriggling around, it was amazing! After a year of trying, we're gushing over every little detail thats happening. I'm so glad BJ is enjoying it as much as me, its been so much fun sharing this with him, as well as enjoying our time we have left as a couple.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet post! You guys enjoy your time as a couple!
You won't know it until the 'bean' arrives...But that is the time when life really starts! :)

So excited for you guys!!