Thursday, August 27, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

I was thinking the other day as I rocked out to Miley Cyrus (don't judge, it's a party in the USA!) that I would hate it if anyone could hear or see me while I was being so completely embarrassing. It made me think of all the other guilty pleasures i have. I happen to have quite a few and I thought it was about time I admit to my time wasting, brain melting deeds.



Numero Uno: Manswers. If you've never watched this show, you can probably just guess from the name that this show is one of Spike TV's most desperate attempts to appeal to men and be somewhat informative. It gives answers to life's most pressing questions; such as Which military pays for a boob job? A-Australia's (who'd have thunk?) and Are midget strippers less money cause they're smaller? A-No, there are fewer of them and they fall under the fetish category so you will have to dish out some big bucks for this "Tiny Dancer"


I feel smarter already!




B: Gay, Straight or Taken? The normal dating shows like "The Bachelor" and "Rock of Love" are filled with intrigue and drama enough to fill any gals quota. However, for those of us with a limited attention span, we have a compact hour of guessing before we are given a reveal! My favorite thing about this obviously scripted show is that I can test out my Gaydar.
PS has anyone heard of the show "Littlest Groom" ?? Its a little person dating show where he dates LP's and normal sized women. How could I have missed this gem! It opens the doorway for so many other special-needs dating shows! "Who Wants to Marry a Conjoined Twin" could be next! Speaking of which.....





3: "Tween" Books. However perfect for your young pre-teens, to strengthen their love of reading. I have (hopefully) surpassed the need for such simple wording and simple plot lines. But, just like my love for Disney creations old and new, I have continued to read "Uglies" to the very last page. (I would like to also state that I do read many other very good books, but still enjoy these simple-minded easy reads)










Lastly: Personality Tests. It's not that I'm still in the "who am I?" phase. Sometimes I just like to hear an already pre-prepared form telling me how nice I am (its easy to get if you select all the cutesy answers). But sometimes I want to know which Scrubs character I am most like (JD yay!) or what my Redneck Name would be! (I hope there's a Bobby-Jo!) I do more than I'm really willing to admit, I don't even want to publish them on Facebook. My silent shame. Well I gotta go! I NEED to find out which Shoe Defines me. Ta -ta!

2 comments:

Ben and Meg said...

OMG! Seriously, I share a few of these guilty obsessions, especially the young adult fiction. Wasn't the Uglies series so great?

Brian and Stephanie Wood said...

Love it! I have my guilty pleasures too. :)