Monday, November 16, 2009

My Birthday Weekend

Saturday was my birthday and I was planning on doing some grown-up things, turns out this grown-up stuff is no fun on your birthday so I pulled out this antique instead!

This is a hand-me-down I was very excited about, until I set it up and all it did was make "whirring" noises. So after much cursing and fighting (and lots of help from BJ) I finally got it in working order!
I was so excited cause for a long time I've wanted to learn how to sew. So I bought some cute owl fabric and set out making these burp cloths and receiving blankets. Congrats me, I made lumpy squares!

I love this fabric, Joann's is having a sale on all flannel fabrics like this through the rest of the month for all you crafty people.

I went shopping at Target with a gift card I got from RE/MAX and got this cute outfit! Thanks RE/MAX! I also went in for a trim, but INCHES later I don't think you can call it a trim. I love weekends like this because it's so hard for me to find time to do things like this, it was so nice!

Thanks for all the texts/calls/birthday wishes!! You all really made my day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice work lady! I haven't pulled out the sewing machine for quite a while...maybe some cute fabric will inspire me to make something!
Glad you enjoyed your weekend!